Vintage Elegance Instant Book Folio Materials and Supplies
These are the materials and supplies I used but you can adapt this book format in many ways to use what you have. These affiliate links are to help you find the materials I use and like in the studio – enjoy!
The free Art Party, presented by TW Studios, where I’m going to present this starts at 8 AM PST on Saturday, August 8, 2020 so don’t wait, head over here and sign up!
(When available, I use an affiilate link where I may earn a commission to help you find the products I use and enjoy personally!)
Find all the things you need in one list right here: https://amzn.to/33CbXEw
- Sketch Paper, 9 inches x 12 inches, any good quality text weight paper will work (https://amzn.to/3g7BIjE )
- White Cardstock, 8 ½ inches x 11 inches, if you have other papers on hand (like watercolor paper) that are card weight, those are fine too (https://amzn.to/3hI7LGW )
- Acrylic Paint, in an accent color and a metallic – I used burnt umber and metallic gold
- Brush Marker in a complementary color to your paints, I used a Sepia colored marker from this set (https://amzn.to/3jJlNKt)
- PVA Bookbinders glue, white glue or gel medium (any good quality glue for gluing paper) (https://amzn.to/2UvCZr7)
- White Gesso (white acrylic paint will also work) (https://amzn.to/2WEZWL5)
- Art Journaling Paper Play Book, Cut and Collage – Vintage Edition book, free sampler sheet or other collage elements you’d like to use
- An Art Journaling Paper lay Book; Cut and Collage – Vintage Edition Book (https://amzn.to/39yVJgc )
- Free sampler sheet printable download (https://aw162020.aweb.page/VintageSampler )
- Decorative Pattern Stencil, I used the 12 inch x 12 inch size (you can also use stamps or paper collage elements) https://amzn.to/2UxoN0F
- Cosmetic Wedges for applying paint
- Ribbon or other fiber for closure
- Reference Book: “How to Make Books” for several versions of instant folded books and more https://amzn.to/2WGPNxA
MORE DISCLOSURE: I like to review and share products and services I use and think you might like. If possible, I use a referral link, which means if you click one of the links and make a purchase I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. This helps support the free and community resources I provide – thank you for your support!
I’m a fan of Amazon, and some of the links are to those products on Amazon. I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn commissions by linking to Amazon.com and related sites at no extra cost to you.