Antique Collage Medallions – Open Studio LIVE!
Come learn collage techniques and make a set of sturdy medallions that make great ornaments, tags or gifts. In this edition of Open Studio Live! we made Antique Collage Medallions from start to finish. The theme of the day was “be the boss of your materials” and there were a few minor mistakes, lots of tips and tons of fun (and possibly pizza, but I can’t be sure.) Check it out!
Materials and Supplies
These are the materials and supplies I used but these will look amazing with practically anything you have on hand. The plain tissue paper and the matte medium are the key items for the soft, antique look so if that’s important, you’ll definitely want to have that on hand.
- For the base: Mixed Media Paper, 9 x 12, the mixed media sheets make the finished medallions very sturdy and harder to cut so you can use drawing or sketch paper for a lighter finish if you like.
- Patterned Scrapbook Paper, 8.5 x 11, in complementary colors/patterns for the front and back. You could also use your orphan backgrounds and paint papers too, just make sure the paper isn’t too heavy as the layers can add up. This one is similar to the package I used: Country Road Paper Pack
- Collage Elements: Art Journaling Paper Play Book, Cut and Collage – Vintage Edition book, free sampler sheet or other collage elements you’d like to use
- An Art Journaling Paper Play Book; Cut and Collage – Vintage Edition Book
- Free sampler sheet printable download
- White Gift Tissue
- Crepe Paper Streamers for decorative ties or any other ribbons and fibers you’d like to use. I like the vintage look the crepe paper brings to these.
- Matte Medium
- Acrylic Paint, in a metallic and an accent color – I used silver and dark red on one set and gold and burnt umber on the other set.
- Sili-Brush Glue Brush for application, you can use regular brushes or cosmetic wedges as well.
- Cosmetic Wedges
- Hole Punch
You’ll be able to access and watch the video as soon as your payment is confirmed – no waiting for an email to start creating. Choose your viewing style: watch online anytime or download the video to your own computer.
What other artists are saying:
“following with you I feel there is hope!!”